FloEFD™ for Creo v17.1 Released
FloEFD™ for Creo v17.1 has been released. See beneath a summary of the new features available in this release:
- Creo 4.0. Creo 4.0 is now supported.
- Improved multicore scalability. Solver performance has been improved for multicore parallel simulations, running up to 35% faster vs 17.0 and 50% vs 16.0 (20 cores test).
- Membrane model. The new Membrane model allows for simulation of venting membranes. The Membrane does not transmit liquid water but can transmit air and vapor. The water vapor is transported through a membrane by a concentration gradient and a gas (for example, air) is transported by a pressure-driven force (available in LED module).
- Improved geometry handling. Improvement in the FloEFD Boolean Operations kernel (activated by the Improved geometry handling option) fixes some geometry recognition failures.
- Damping improved. In a steady-state analysis the automatic damping of goal dependency has been improved, resulting in much faster goal convergence.
- Scale down steady state step. In a steady-state analysis you can scale down the local time step by a specified factor. This option can be used to minimize oscillations in steady-state convergence.
- Uniformity index goal. The uniformity index (a quantity characterizing how uniform the flow is) can now be set as a surface goal providing the full power to optimize the flow by using the uniformity index as an objective function in the Parametric Study.
- Template folder. The storage folder for user-defined templates can now be customized by the user in the Tools, Options dialog. You can use the project template to easily copy projects to different models and CAD systems.
- Solid Material conditions naming improved. The user customized name of the solid material condition will update the material name after changing the material if the auto generated material name was not changed by the user.
- SAR based on goal convergence. The goal based solution-adaptive refinement invoking algorithm has been revised to allow for earlier automatic finishing.
- Number of time steps. You can now see the number of time steps for the specified time period in the Calculation Control Options.
- Linked Conditions from Components improvement. Improved handling of linked conditions to avoid clash of project folders.
- Windows Job Scheduler template name. Name of Job template can be defined in the Remote solver options.
- Free Surface parameter. The new Free Surface visualization parameter displays the level of fluid which corresponds to the volume of filled fluid in the system. This parameter can be used for easy visualization of the free surface level in multiple plots.
- Isosurfaces in Transient Explorer. Isosurfaces are now supported in Transient Explorer mode.
- Support of 4K Monitors. The high resolution of 4K monitors is now supported.
- Sector periodicity visualization improved. You can now display results for the entire model calculated with the sector periodicity option.
- GIF Animation improved. You can now select the transparent color for animations saved as GIF. In addition the quality of GIF animation was improved.
- Section view in FloEFDView. FloEFDView supports section views of the geometry.
For a detailed list of new features, refer to your product specific release notes manual or README file, available in the installed software tree or on Support Center.
Release Highlights pdf file.