DownStream Technologies Announces Latest Versions of CAM350® and BluePrint-PCB® for Immediate Availability
Marlborough, MA – November 2018 – DownStream Technologies, LLC today announced global availability of Release 2018 for CAM350®, and BluePrint-PCB®.
Release 2018 is DownStream’s most ambitious release to date, delivering 3D technology for PCB post processing including manufacturing data visualization, stack-up definition, PCB panel visualization and support for 3D PCB documentation. The objective of Release 2018 is to provide a superior environment to visualize, verify and document a printed circuit board. The release also provides a number of major enhancements to increase usability and productivity.
“Release 2018 represents the next generation in PCB Post Processing. By integrating 3D technology into the process, our users can prepare manufacturing data more efficiently, ensuring a smoother transition from virtual PCB designs into physical PCB components”, said Rick Almeida, one of DownStream’s Founders.
Key Features for Release 2018 include:
- 3D manufacturing data visualization – Allows modeling of imported Gerber, Drill, ODB++, or IPC-2581 data into a 3D PCB facsimile as well as model the 3D PCB on a fabrication or assembly panel.
- 3D Design View Port – Quickly switch between 2D and 3D views using the new 3D Design View port.
- New 2D/3D PCB Stack UP visualizer – A “What if” sandbox to orientate artwork layers, insert construction materials, define via technologies, and add thickness and other material attributes in a stack up environment to ensure the 3D rendering has been implemented.
- 3D documentation – Use the 3D PCB model in documents to further clarify design intent or augment traditional 2D documents.
- Support for 3D objects in PDF export – Users can export the 3D model or 3D document in Adobe® PDF format.
- Cross Product Integration – Release 2018 creates an integrated 2D/3D manufacturing data preparation environment that allows CAM350 and BluePrint to easily share data between manufacturing data optimization and analysis with PCB documentation.
- Major GUI facelift to CAM350 and DFMStream to streamline menus and dialogs as well as increase overall ease-of-use and productivity.
Release 2018 for all products is now available. Upgrades to Release 2018 are available to all existing customers with a valid maintenance agreement at no cost. Actual features and content of each product will vary based on the product configurations chosen by the customer. Please contact us or send us an email if you have any questions
About DownStream Technologies
DownStream Technologies, LLC is a software and services company focused on helping engineering organizations optimize and automate the PCB Release Process. Our tools redefine how engineering professionals post-process PCB designs to create and distribute all the deliverables required for a complete PCB assembly release package. CAM350® provides verification, optimization and output generation to efficiently drive PCB fabrication. DFMStream® is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use tool suite designed to help engineers and designers verify design and manufacturing rules on PCB design databases, Gerber and NC data any time during the PCB design cycle. BluePrint for Printed Circuit Boards® works with CAM350® (and other PCB CAD systems) to help users quickly produce comprehensive electronic drawings to drive PCB fabrication, assembly and inspection processes. More information about DownStream can be found at downstreamtech.com