We're pleased to announce that FLOEFD, FLOEFD for CATIA V5, FLOEFD for Creo, FLOEFD for NX and FLOEFD for Solid Edge version 2019.3 are available to download from Support Center.
List of new features;
- PDML Import. PDML is originally FloTHERM format which is often used by IC vendors to supply users with IC package simulation model. An IC package definition in *.pdml format can now be imported into FloEFD (requires EDA Bridge license). PDML format contains information about geometry, sources and material properties. The following information can be imported:
- EDA Bridge. PCB can now be imported into an existing project. EDA Bridge adds PCB to a separate component which is added into main assembly and PCB definition is added as condition linked from this component (Add from Component). You can easily copy imported PCB to the same project with right-mouse click on PCB component folder in the From Component tree.
- Parameters. Project Parameters can now be dependent on goals, time, iterations and travels as a function or table. You can create complex table and formula dependent boundary conditions.
- Equation goal. Equation goal can now depend on CAD parameter.
- Phase change for all real gases. Phase change is now available for all real gases not only refrigerants.
- Averaging in steady-state. Visualized Parameters can now be averaged over user-defined interval of iterations in a steady-state analysis. If you enable averaging, additional parameters appear in the list.
- Trajectory speed-up. The “Pattern on Shapes” type now displays trajectories immediately after definition. A new “Sphere” shape provides easier definition of starting points.
- Plot Min Max auto scaling. A plot’s minimum and maximum values can be updated automatically when results are changed. The Plot Min Max buttons work as toggle and update plot Min Max until they are reset.
- FLOEFD View. A few enhancements in FloEFD free results viewer:
- “Normal to Plot” view is added for cut plots.
- Section can now crop plots (Apply to plots option) not only the geometry.
- Rotating now rotates around the centre of the view.
- Save As. Added selection of View mode (Wireframe, Shaded, Shaded with Edges).
- Results summary. Added turbulence parameters into results summary.
- Ray plot. Ray plot is available for definition before calculation and can be processed with Batch Results Processing.
- Surface parameters. Offset option is added to Surface parameters.
- Point goals. When added points by coordinates you can set the name of the goal.
- Remote data management improved. After finishing calculation results from the calculation server are automatically copied to the client computer even if CAD was closed.
- Remote calculation with Windows HPC Pack 2016 scheduler. You can now pass various arguments to the scheduler (no need administrative privileges): template, priority, nodes and node groups, hold time.
- CATIA R29 Support. CATIA V5-6 2019 (R29) is now supported.
- Solid Edge 2020 Support. Support of Solid Edge 2020.
- Creo 6 Support. Creo 6.0 is now supported.
- NX 13 Support. Support of Siemens NX 1847 and 1872 Series.
- Customize Licenses Feature. Customize Features now lists modules rather than atomic license features. System administrators can now customize the license choice for multiple users using the CustomizeFeatures.exe routine. For details, refer to the “Selecting License Features to Use” in the Installation Guide.
- MLS update. This version supports Mentor Standard Licensing (MSL) version 2019_3 which uses FlexNet™ 11.16.4. This may require updating the license server.
Via Support Center you can check the Simcenter FloEFD Release Notes for all versions.
Simcenter Flotherm 2019.2 has been released and is available for customer to download from Support Center.Polarion ALM 19.2 Released
The new version of Polarion is available: 19.2. This release introduces a new User Groups feature for easier enterprise-level permissions management.