Mentor announces first annual FloTHERM Award for electronics thermal design excellence
Mentor, a Siemens business, announced its call for entries for its first annual FloTHERM® Delta TJ Award for Excellence in Electronics Thermal Design. The FloTHERM solution has been, for over 30 years, the de facto computational fluid dynamics (CFD) tool for electronics cooling, used to predict airflow, temperature, and heat transfer in components, boards, and complete systems, including racks and data centers. Used by thousands of engineers across the globe, the FloTHERM product offers tight connectivity with both electronic design automation (EDA) and mechanical design automation (MDA) development process flows. Award entrants must demonstrate an application using the FloTHERM technology (which may include FloTHERM XT, FloTHERM PCB, and FloTHERM IC) to address a design problem. Deadline for submission is August 25, 2017.
FloTHERM Delta TJ Award Criteria
A panel of judges will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria:
- Work demonstrates clear application of FloTHERM products to a design problem.
- Work is in the public domain and disseminated to the public within 12 months of the nomination deadline.
- Pragmatic approach taken in the application.
- Work and return on investment (ROI) improvement due to quantifiable use of CFD technology.
- Entrant must have authority and/or permission from their organization to apply.
- Entries must be submitted in full and include all supporting materials: published papers, conference papers, PowerPoint presentations, website content, animations, videos etc. may be submitted as the entry.
- Deadline is August 25, 2017 via the registration portal: https://www.mentor.com/products/mechanical/awards-publications/flotherm-award
The winners (first place and two runners up) of the inaugural FloTHERM Award will be announced in September and will receive an engraved trophy. The first place winner will also receive a $1,000 (USD) Amazon gift voucher, and the two runners up will each receive $500 Amazon gift vouchers. If the winners are unable to accept the Amazon gift vouchers, a donation of equal value to a charity of their choice will be made in their name. The award winners will also be mentioned in a press release and featured in Mentor presentations, Engineering Edge Magazine, and other industry publications.
“Our award-winning FloTHERM products have been used by leading companies worldwide to address their electronics cooling challenges,” said Roland Feldhinkel, general manager of the Mentor Mechanical Analysis Division. “This annual award will demonstrate and honor how our customers successfully apply the FloTHERM technology to develop advanced and innovative electronics products.”
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation, a Siemens business, is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services, and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronic, semiconductor, and systems companies. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. Web site: http://www.mentor.com.
Mentor Graphics, Mentor and FloTHERM are registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owner.