PADS VX.2 Now Available
PADS VX.2 delivers the PADS Product Creation Platform, now extended to include new technology modules:
- PADS HyperLynx DC Drop - Avoid unexpected circuit behavior by identifying power delivery issues early. Validate power supply impedance to optimize power distribution networks. Assess voltage drop by quickly and accurately identifying areas of excessive current density with fast and accurate results.
- PADS HyperLynx DRC - A rules based approach versus traditional simulation to identify non-CAD constraints. Out of the box checks for EMI, Signal Integrity and Power Integrity. Simple to set up and fast time to results. Visual and report form of results for easy identification of violations.
- PADS HyperLynx DDR - Identify and solve Signal Integrity and timing challenges specific to DDRX designs. Resolve typical SI impairments such as Overshoot/Undershoot and ringing. Identify DDX timing issues such as Setup/Hold, De- rating, Skew and Data bus margins.
- PADS FloTHERM XT - 3D computational fluid dynamic (CFD) solution that supports steady state and transient analysis. Allows electrical/hardware engineers to perform thermal analysis much earlier in the design cycle. Easily import mechanical objects such as product enclosures and heat sinks.
PADS AMS Design Suite - Comprehensive circuit design and virtual prototyping environment, including support for analog and mixed signal (AMS) with SPICE based simulation engine and modeling. In addition to standard simulation analysis: DC Bias, time-domain, and frequency-domain simulations, AMS also includes multi-run parametric sweeps, sensitivity, Monte Carlo, and Worst Case analysis.
- PADS Multi-Trace HSD Routing - Route and tune nets with high speed design constraints automatically without the need for the Batch auto-router.
- PADS Professional Multi-Trace HSD Tuning
This release also includes significant core enhancements to xDX Designer, PADS Layout, and PADS Professional. See the Release Highlights for information.
For PADS VX.2 (for Standard and Standard Plus) click here
For PADS Professional VX.2 click here
This latest release of Sherlock provides new and advanced tools that enable manufacturers to create more sophisticated, real-world simulations, quickly and accurately. In addition to the new features, Sherlock includes upgrades and improvements to more than 10 existing features. Combined, the entire suite of Sherlock capabilities empowers companies to design better products faster and more efficiently.The Need for Speed: Strategies for Design Efficiency
Years of experience with one EDA tool obviously develops efficiency and makes you accustomed to the intricacies (good and bad) of your PCB design tool. However, with the development pace of today's technology, there comes a time when you need to consider a change to incorporate the latest methodologies. Reprinted with permission from The PCB Design Magazine, this article looks at productivity issues that impede the PCB design process.