The Parts Database (PDBs): The King of the Central Library
A part definition links the electrical properties defined by a schematic symbol with the pinouts of the corresponding physical package (cell) used in the PCB layout design.
Part definitions are unique identifiers of electronic components. You reference and search for parts by their part numbers.
This webcast will discuss the part database editor and how to effectively create part mapping for the library.
What You Will Learn:
- What is a PDB?
The ‘Part Number’…. The keys to the kingdom….
- Part editor: What makes up a PDB?
- PDB definitions: Fractured symbols, Multiple Symbols, Multiple Cells
- No Connects and Implicit power and ground
- PDB properties: When to use them and when not to
- PDB errors: what do they mean?
- PDBs and working with Packager
Who Should Attend:
- Users that need a deeper understanding of the PDB creation process.
- Users that need a deeper understanding of design packaging.
- Users that want to understand the various part definitions.
- Users that want to understand part properties.
- Xpedition Enterprise
- PADS Professional
Customer Technical Webcast: The Parts Database (PDBs): The King of the Central Library
Wednesday the 18th of January, 2023
Please join members of the HyperLynx customer support team for a panel discussion on good DDR analysis practices that will improve your confidence in your DDR Designs.Xpedition EDM Licensing - Part 3
Part 3 of a three-part series where EDM licensing topics are discussed.