PDN Decoupling Optimizer Using TOUCHSTONE and SPICE Models
The PDN Optimizer reduces the bypass capacitor count substantially, sometimes by as much as 50%. In addition to the default RLC models, we will discuss in detail how to set up the capacitor arrays using manufacturer touchstone and spice files for increased accuracy. The process of converting the capacitor data into caplib files for group insertion into the Optimizer will be explained. Impedance profiles for the three model types will be compared. The importance of capacitor value, type, case size, and location will be discussed.
What you will learn:
• The difference between Import/Import Folder/Append/Export
• Comparison of the Optimizer and Decoupling Analysis impedance profiles
• Run the Optimized solution with Touchstone files replacing the RLC models
• Run the Optimized solution with Spice files replacing the RLC models
Who should attend?
• Power Integrity Engineers
• Signal Integrity Engineers
• PCB Design engineers
• Engineering Managers
Customer Only Live webinar: PDN Decoupling Optimizer Using TOUCHSTONE and SPICE Models
Thursday the 17th of June 2021
6:00 PM CEST