How Effective ECAD / MCAD Collaboration in PADS Reduces Costs and Achieves First-To-Market Success
On-demand Web Seminar
|Facilitating collaboration between Mechanical and Electrical CAD designers throughout the entire design process is a key strategy to meet business objectives. Without effective ECAD / MCAD cross-team cooperation, PCB designs suffer from expensive, time-consuming rework and re-spins, delaying time-to-market.
EDMD Collaborator for PADS enables Mechanical and Electrical CAD designers to dynamically collaborate on “what-if” scenarios and evaluations in a real-time, synergistic environment, decreasing time-to-market while keeping PCB development costs low.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss and demonstrate key features of our EDMD Collaborator for PADS. We’ll also show you how consistent and continuous communication keeps design teams synchronized as they work in their own system’s comfort zone to ensure designs are up-to-date and accurate while minimizing costs time-to-market.
What You Will Learn
- How to link the disconnected Mechanical and Electrical CAD domains and enable real-time collaboration
- How to easily track incremental updates instead of reviewing large databases with unknown changes
- How to eliminate design re-spins and missed schedules
- How to reduce product development costs while optimizing performance
Who Should View
- PCB layout designers
- Mechanical engineers using Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, or Siemens NX
- Engineering management responsible for electronics product development
|About the Presenter: John McMillan
John McMillan is a member of the PADS Technical Marketing team at Mentor Graphics. He has over 25 years of experience within the EDA industry, and his key focus areas have included Consultant for PADS Technical Marketing and Product Lead for Package and Symbol Productivity products.
- On-demand Web Seminar
- Requires Flash Player.
- Duration: 21:26
- Tags: CAD, CAD Design, Collaboration, collaborative design, ECAD, ECAD_MCAD, Electrical Design, MCAD, Mechanical Design
- Products: PADS
This case study demonstrates the benefits of implementing PLM early-on in order to get manufacturers off on the right foot as well as the benefits of Empower PLM for start-up medical device manufacturers.Return on Investment Really Pays
How easier and efficient BOM revision management for the design of complex data communications products fits great in the aerospace industry.