Customizing DDR4 Designs for Cost & Performance
Designers often rely on guidelines provided by controller vendors to drive PCB layout, but following those rules isn’t always possible. DDR layout guidelines can also drive up a board’s manufacturing costs, because they tend to be conservative. Dedicated SI experts have long used pre-layout simulation to develop their own layout rules that optimize design margin and cost for their particular applications, but SI experts are a scarce resource in most organizations.
This webinar will discuss the different design variables that can affect DDR design margin, and show how board and system designers can use HyperLynx pre-layout simulation to develop layout rules will optimize design margins and minimize cost.
What You Will Learn
- Designing a stackup to meet impedance requirements
- Balancing inter-trace spacing against impedance and crosstalk
- Balancing drive strength and inter-trace spacing against crosstalk
- Using simulation to derive board-level layout rules
- Predicting design operating margins before layout
- Optimizing drive strength and receiver ODT settings
Who Should Attend
- PCB/System Designers
- Engineering Managers
- Signal Integrity Specialists
- PCB Layout Designers
Live Webinar: Customizing DDR4 Designs for Cost & Performance
Tuesday 26th of May 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CEST
This webinar presents a step by step guide into low power verification flow where we talk about writing your power intent, static and dynamic checking of you power structures and protocols, effective debug and finally, closing power states coverage.Optimize New Product Introductions - Going Fast, Right or Both
During this event, we will show how customers are using DFM embedded in the design tools, empowering designers to address all three priorities without compromise.