Designing SerDes Channels for Protocol Compliance
Multi-gigabit serial channels present some of the most stringent signal integrity challenges facing designers today. With high speed links, small details are critical – device pinout, breakout routing, signal routing layers, return paths and parasitics associated with blocking capacitors all have significant impact on channel margin that requires careful design analysis and optimization. Equally important is avoiding analytical overkill – spending too much time optimizing a single structure without considering its impact on total channel margin – because over-optimization wastes time and money.
This webinar explores the different aspects of serial channel design planning and analysis from the pre-layout standpoint, using simulation to develop a detailed set of layout rules. Design of detailed geometries requiring 3D EM simulation is explored, showing how to assess design alternatives and maximize overall channel margin.
What You Will Learn
- SerDes channel concepts & terminology
- Different types of SerDes channel compliance analysis
- Compliance analysis using Channel Operating Margin (COM)
- Evaluating SerDes channels for protocol compliance
- How progressive analysis helps speed the design process
- Creating, parameterizing and analyzing 3D areas
- Optimizing via designs, blocking capacitor and BGA breakouts
- Avoiding analytical overkill by focusing on overall channel margin
Who Should Attend
- PCB/System Designers
- Engineering Managers
- Signal Integrity Specialists
- PCB Layout Designers
Live Webinar: Designing SerDes Channels for Protocol Compliance
Tuesday the 18th of August 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM CEST
SerDes Simulation from the ground up shows you how to get going with SerDes simulations. Webcast attendees have asked for a demonstration of SerDes simulations for the new user. The HyperLynx SI SerDes Batch Wizard and SerDes Batch Compliance Wizards are easy to set up, run quickly, and have powerful features.Automating Post-Route Verification for Multi-Gigabit Channels
This webinar will discuss requirements for effective SerDes channel post-route verification and show how they can be achieved.