Live Webcast: Concurrent DFM Verification for Assembly
The assembly of a printed circuit board is typically the most expensive part of the manufacturing process. Not only are the components associated with the PCB expensive, but any errors not found until PCB assembly can mean the scrapping of the PCB itself if layout changes are required.
Mentor's vSure DFM verification solution identifies manufacturability issues concurrent with your design process, effectively performing a virtual prototype of your design. This greatly reduces the number of revision spins it takes to reach your volume and quality objectives.
This session will include an EMS company's perspective and a product demonstration.
What You Will Learn
- Common assembly issues that result in frequent board re-spins
- Checks that can be performed to optimize yield and minimize assembly costs
- How to adopt a repeatable DFM validation process concurrent with your layout design
Who should attend
- CAD management with time and cost objectives
- NPI engineers seeking to achieve first pass manufacturability
- PCB designers trying to efficiently integrate manufacturing constraints into their design process
- What: Concurrent DFM Verification for Assembly
- When: Thursday 16th of December 2010
- Where: Online
- Time: 16:00 PM CET
- Duration: 1 hour
- Registration: Web
Please join us for this web seminar focused on “a day in the life of Joe Engineer”. Joe will take you through his newly automated design process showing how he is able to conquer daily challenges with engineering changes, Bill of Material (BOM) management and design documentation, freeing up time to focus on what he does best- designing products.Product content data is constantly changing throughout the design-to-manufacturing process. A key issue facing today’s engineer is managing design data and keeping it synchronized with other systems across the Enterprise. As product lifecycles shrink, outsourcing increases, and new compliance pressures build, it is critical that engineering processes are managed effectively to avoid inefficiencies and to ensure product delivery goals are met.Live Webcast: CAD Library Creation -- It's easier than you think!
How to build one or 10,000 CAD land patterns (library parts) in minutes How to create a BGA, QFP, SOP and other parts How to search for parts using component dimensions or manufacturer data How to verify your library data to ensure all parts match your DRC rules How to generate a personal CAD library of thousands of parts quickly and easily Tips & Tricks for using LP Wizard